This year, the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA celebrates 75 years of strengthening our community. As we reflect on the impact we have had in the communities we serve, we are also planning for the future. We are looking forward to serving our neighbors for another 75 years and beyond, which is why we are launching our Capital Campaign, 75 and Beyond. Our goal is to raise $2 million to help fund a building expansion that will benefit the children and families in our community now and for generations.
Our building is at capacity with the programs we currently offer, yet our community continues to grow and evolve. More families are moving into the area and people of all ages are focusing on their mental and physical health and looking for more ways to stay connected and become engaged in their community. We need more space to accommodate the 4,000 members we currently serve and bring more quality, life-changing programs to the community.
Plans for the new construction and expansion project include:
- A Wellness Center expansion that will allow for more equipment, as well as more space for our members to exercise safely and comfortably.
- Two new fitness studios on our lower level that will help us to expand our group exercise class roster, while freeing up other space in our building for more programs.
- A new outdoor campsite with a pavilion, playground, sports court and playing field so that we can give kids a summer camp experience they will never forget.
- Adding a second-story viewing area and expanded pool deck in Pool 2 so we can cheer on our Swim team members in a conveniently-located space and have a dedicated area for dryland workouts.
- A new, welcoming lobby and expanded café space that will give our members more room to socialize and connect with one another.
You can help us reach our goal! Gifts of any amount will make a difference and help strengthen our community for generations to come.