You Belong at the Y
When you join the Y you become part of a community committed to changing lives, supporting our neighbors and providing a safe, secure and welcoming place for all. As we begin to emerge from self-isolation, we’re here to help you focus on what matters most: your health, your family and friends, and your community. We’ll give you the motivation and guidance you need to reclaim your health, reach your fitness goals and nurture your well-being.
- Free group exercise classes including mind-body, cardio and strength. Members must be 14 years of age to participate and register for classes through Acuity Scheduling.
- Use of the Wellness Center, including cardio equipment, strength machines and free weights. Members must be 14 years of age to use the Wellness Center (See our Teen Wellness program for 12-13 year olds in grades 7-8).
- Access to Y Wellness 24/7, our new virtual fitness platform exclusively for our members that gives them access to 1000s of classes anytime, anywhere.
- Three (3) free guest passes per year for members and guests 18 years of age and older.
- Access to specialized youth, teen and adult programs and classes
- The ability to register for youth programs like preschool, child care, school age child care and summer camp
- Free wellness seminars and events
- Open basketball during select hours
- Adult sports programs (registration required)
- Lap swimming for ages 13+ (and individuals enrolled in our 7th Grade Membership program) in two pools
throughout the day (select hours). Access to Family Swim and Open Swim.
- Water exercise classes (open to members ages 18 and over by registration).
- Free Child Watch services for Family members during select hours by reservation through Acuity Scheduling. Children must be at least 2 years of age.
Some programs may be limited based on current COVID guidelines and reservations are required for Water exercise classes and adult sports. For more information about our current offerings and safety procedures, please visit the Reopening Our Y page.
Membership for All
The Y welcomes people of all abilities, ages, races, religions, cultures, gender, sexual orientation and financial circumstances. Every day, we strive to make everyone feel welcome, connected and supported. Our donor-supported financial assistance program ensures that no one is ever turned away from a Y membership or program due to financial hardship.
Schedule a Tour
Review our membership categories and rates below and click Join the Y Today to complete an online membership application. Once your application has been processed, our Membership Engagement Director, Kristine Keating, will contact you to welcome you to the Y and provide further details about your membership.
Family: Two Adults within the same residence and children 25 years of age and younger. Our free Child Watch service is only offered with this membership type.
Adult: Age 26-61
Senior Couple: Two Adults (Both age 62 and over)
Senior Adult: Age 62 and over
Young Adult: Age 18 to 25
Teen: Age 13 to 17 (no joiner’s fee)
Children 12 years of age and younger can become Youth Members. Youth Members only have access to the programs in which they are registered. There is no joiner’s fee for a youth membership.
7th Grade Membership
7th Graders in our service area can enjoy a free membership including open gym and open swim. Includes participating in programs at our member rate or free programs that are offered for their age group. This membership begins September 7, 2021 and runs through June 2022. Learn more here.
Please note: The first month’s payment will be prorated based on the date you join.
* Through January 31, 2022, the Joiner’s Fee is $20.22, and goes to support our annual fundraising camapaign.
Monthly Membership Draft
The bank/credit card draft plan is a continuous monthly membership plan. The monthly amount is withdrawn on the 1st of each month. If you wish to cancel membership, you must give the YMCA 15 days written notice prior to the draft date. If you wish to change your membership type, you must complete a membership change form by the 25th of the month prior to the month you wish to change. It is your responsibility to notify the Y in writing of any change to your bank or credit card accounts.
The Fanwood- Scotch Plains YMCA offers financial assistance for those who qualify. Visit our Financial Assistance page to learn more and complete an online application.
Access to over 700 Y’s across the country
Your Y membership now allows you to visit any participating YMCA in the United States and Puerto Rico, at no additional cost.
So, whether you are traveling on the west coast for business or visiting relatives down south, you can get your workout in and connect with the larger Y community.
Some restrictions may apply or vary among the participating Ys, so we recommend you call ahead prior to your visit.
Visit http://www.ymca.net/nationwide-membership to find a participating Y location in the area you are visiting. The first time you visit a Y outside of the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA, you will need to sign a waiver. It takes just a few minutes, with a photo ID, and once it’s done, you won’t have to do it again!
The Fanwood-Scotch Plains Y is currently accepting Nationwide Members for facility use only (Wellness Center, Lap Swim, and Open Gym). Nationwide members must be at least 18 years old or part of a family membership (family members under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent).
If you have any questions, please contact Kristine Keating, Membership Engagement Director, at 908-889-8880 or email@example.com.
Deployment can be a stressful and uncertain time for our nation’s servicemen and women and their families. In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense, the Y is proud to offer memberships to eligible military families and personnel to give them extra support during this difficult period. It’s our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country. Learn more here.
Join with a Friend
We believe in the importance of getting healthy and fit, and think doing so can be even better with a friend.
When two new members join at the same time, both will receive 20% off their first month of membership.
*Restrictions Apply. Valid only for full facility members or two new members who join the same day. Please call the Welcome Center at 908-889-8880 for full details.