Health Management programs provide individuals with the support, guidance and resources needed to get on the path to healthy living. Learn more about these programs by clicking on a program title below.
- LIVESTRONG at the YMCA Cancer is a life-changing disease that takes a tremendous physical and emotional toll on those affected. The Y and LIVESTRONG® have joined together to create LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA, a free research-based physical activity and well-being program designed to help adults cancer survivors reclaim their total health.
- Diabetes Management If you have Diabetes, or are at risk to develop Type 2 Diabetes, the YMCA has programs that can help.
- Blood Pressure Management Blood pressure management can increase your quality of life and help decrease your risk of associated illnesses, including heart attack, stroke, heart failure, kidney disease and vision loss.
- MS Water Exercise The Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA offers water-based programs for those diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis to help with their overall well-being.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Class Taught by a certified trainer, the Parkinson’s Foundation Class is designed to address symptoms of Parkinson’s by incorporating a variety of exercises that target strength, balance, mobility and flexibility.
- Wellness Education Throughout the year, we offer educational lunch and learns, health screenings, workshops and resources to help you achieve your best self in spirit, mind and body.