Create, Discover & Explore
Full-Day Educational Child Care
Ages: 3 months – 5 years
Location: 1340 Martine Avenue
At the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA, we provide a nurturing, engaging environment for children ages 3 months to 5 years to learn, grow and thrive. Our dedicated Educational Child Care staff keep our students’ health and safety at the forefront of everything they do, while ensuring they build the social and academic skills needed to succeed in Child Care and beyond.
NEW! Information for the 2021-2022 School Year
We’re looking forward to a year filled with fun, laughter, learning, friends and so much more!
Registration is now open. Children must be active members of the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA to enroll in our Child Care program. You can join the Y online here. Families can then register for Child Care online by visiting fspymca.org/register and clicking “Daxko Program Registration.” For information on using our Daxko system and registering for programs, click here. If extra assistance is needed, please contact our Welcome Center at 908-889-8880. Registration also requires a non-refundable $300 deposit to secure each students’ spot for the 2021-2022 School Year.
For the 2021-2022 year, registration is for 5-day care only. The program will run from September 2021-August 2022 and will be held from 7:00am-6:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Infants (3 months – 18 months): $1812 per month
Toddlers (18 months – 3 years): $1660 per month
Full Day 3s (3 year olds): $1414 per month
Full Day 4s (4 year olds): $1414 per month
Four Plus (older 4s who just miss the kindergarten cut-off date and young 5 year olds): $1414 per month
To learn more about availability in our Child Care program, to take a tour or for any questions, please contact Kathy Barros, Senior Director of Child Care Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020-2021 School Year Information
Our 12-month program, licensed by the state of New Jersey, is held at our Martine Avenue facility, operating Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm.
We are only accepting 5-day students. Our monthly tuition rates for the 2020-2021 school year are:
- Infants – $1607
- Toddlers – $1514
- Full Day 3s & 4s – $1281
Extended Care will be available from 4pm-6pm. This will be at an additional monthly cost:
- Infants -$205
- Toddlers – $146
- Full Day 3s & 4s – $133
We provide warm and nurturing care for children ages 3 months-4 years, implementing the Creative Curriculum. Staff is trained in CPR and First Aid.
Weather permitting, walks and outdoor play give your child fresh-air daily. We teach the children healthy habits with daily exercise and offer healthy snacks twice a day, along with milk and bottled water for lunch/snack time. In keeping with the Y’s goals, we encourage character development through caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Location: 1340 Martine Avenue
The Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA is excited to offer Full-Day Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 School Year, which follows our Child Care’s school calendar.
- We are only accepting 5-day students.
- Operating hours will be Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm.
- Tuition rate: $1281 monthly (Deposit: $300).
- Extended Care will be available from 4pm-6pm. This will be at an additional monthly cost of $133.
- Full-Day Kindergarten is a 10-month program, September through June.
Due to COVID-19, we will be following new state Licensing Regulations, which include:
- Class size will be limited to 15 students maximum, with 2 teachers.
- No co-mingling between classes; students can only stay with their class and designated teachers.
- Children over the age of 2 are highly encouraged to wear face masks indoors except during meal and nap times (every child 2 years old or older must wear/bring a face mask to school daily).
- Teachers and Y staff are mandated to wear masks (unless there is a medical reason that bars them from doing so).
- Parents and visitors are not permitted in the building. Drop-off and Pick-up will occur at the Child Care wing emergency doors for Child Care and by the breezeway doors for Kindergarten.
- Each child and Y staff member will undergo a daily health screening upon entry, which would include a temperature check. Those experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 – such as fever of 100.4 or higher, cough, shortness of breath, headache, muscle pain, chills and any new loss of taste or smell AND/OR any household members experiencing those symptoms – will be excluded from the center. Administering fever reducing medicine prior to school arrival is strictly forbidden, and children will be excluded to enter school if medicine was given.
- Anyone in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 is excluded from the center and Y. The Y will follow the local Health Department instructions for length of exclusion.
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at our school, we will contact the state Health Department regarding next steps and may be required to close temporarily.
- There are enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures and we have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day.
- All children and staff will be asked to utilize hygiene practices, such as frequent hand washing throughout the day.
To enroll or set up an appointment for a tour, please contact Kathy Barros, Senior Director of Child Care Services, at email@example.com.
Child Care Change Form (Online form)