Create, Discover & Explore
Full-Day Educational Child Care
Ages: 3 months – 5 years
Location: 1340 Martine Avenue
At the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA, we provide a nurturing, engaging environment for children ages 3 months to 5 years to learn, grow and thrive. Our dedicated Educational Child Care staff keep our students’ health and safety at the forefront of everything they do, while ensuring they build the social and academic skills needed to succeed in Child Care and beyond.
Information for the 2022-2023 School Year
Registration for the 2022-2023 school year will begin Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 9:00am. Registration will be held online here under “Daxko Program Registration.” Children must be active members of the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA to enroll in our Child Care program. You can join the Y online here.
We’re looking forward to a year filled with fun, laughter, learning, friends and so much more! Our 12-month program, licensed by the state of New Jersey, will operate Monday – Friday, from 7:00am to 6:30pm during the 2022-2023 School Year. For the 2022-2023 School Year, we also are offering 5 day full-time care only.
Enrichment classes will be offered to all students (infants through PreK), and are included in monthly tuition fees. Each week, the children will take part in: literature from story time, fine arts with music & art classes, physical education that develops their gross motor skills, and science lessons that help them explore the world around them. Plus, swimming lessons are included for our 3s and 4s classes. Weather permitting, outdoor play gives your child fresh-air daily. During inclement weather, our Community Room gives the children plenty of room to exercise. We teach the children healthy habits with daily exercise and offer healthy snacks twice a day, along with milk & bottled water for lunch/snack time. In keeping with the Y’s goals, we encourage character development through caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
To learn more about availability in our Child Care program, to take a tour or for any questions, please contact Diane Romond at email@example.com.
Information for the 2021-2022 School Year
Registration is currently ongoing and select spots available. For the 2021-2022 year, registration is for 5-day care only. The program runs through August 2022 and will be held from 7:00am-6:30pm, Monday through Friday. If you are interested in enrolling for the remainder of this year, please contact Diane Romond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to COVID-19, we will be following new state Licensing Regulations, which include:
- Limited class sizes.
- No co-mingling between classes; students can only stay with their class and designated teachers.
- Children over the age of 2 are highly encouraged to wear face masks indoors except during meal and nap times (every child 2 years old or older must wear/bring a face mask to school daily).
- Teachers and Y staff are mandated to wear masks (unless there is a medical reason that bars them from doing so).
- Drop-off will occur at the Child Care wing emergency doors. For pick-up, please call the Welcome Center (908-889-8880) from the car and let them know you are here for pick-up. Your child’s teacher will then meet you inside near elevator hallway.
- Each child and Y staff member will undergo a daily health screening upon entry, which would include a temperature check. Those experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 – such as fever of 100.4 or higher, cough, shortness of breath, headache, muscle pain, chills and any new loss of taste or smell AND/OR any household members experiencing those symptoms – will be excluded from the center. Administering fever reducing medicine prior to school arrival is prohibited, and children will be excluded to enter school if medicine was given.
- Anyone in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 is excluded from the center and Y. The Y will follow the local Health Department instructions for length of exclusion.
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at our school, we will contact the local Health Department regarding next steps and may be required to close temporarily.
- There are enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures and we have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day.
- All children and staff will be asked to utilize hygiene practices, such as frequent hand washing throughout the day.
To enroll or set up an appointment for a tour, please contact Diane Romond at email@example.com.
Child Care Change Form (Online form)