Create, Discover & Explore
Full-Day Educational Child Care
Ages: 3 months – 4 years
Location: 1340 Martine Avenue
Our 12-month program, licensed by the state of New Jersey, is held at our Martine Avenue facility, operating Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm.
We are only accepting 5-day students. Our current monthly tuition rates are:
- Infants – $1607
- Toddlers – $1514
- Full Day 3s & 4s – $1281
Extended Care will be available from 4pm-6pm. This will be at an additional monthly cost:
- Infants -$265
- Toddlers – $250
- Full Day 3s & 4s – $210
We provide warm and nurturing care for children ages 3 months-4 years, implementing the Creative Curriculum. Staff is trained in CPR and First Aid.
Weather permitting, walks and outdoor play give your child fresh-air daily. We teach the children healthy habits with daily exercise and offer healthy snacks twice a day, along with milk and bottled water for lunch/snack time. In keeping with the Y’s goals, we encourage character development through caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Location: 1340 Martine Avenue
The Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA is excited to offer Full-Day Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 School Year, which follows our Child Care’s school calendar.
- We are only accepting 5-day students.
- Operating hours will be Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm.
- Tuition rate: $1281 monthly (Deposit: $300).
- Full-Day Kindergarten is a 10-month program, September through June.
Due to COVID-19, we will be following new state Licensing Regulations, which include:
- Class size will be limited to 15 students maximum, with 2 teachers.
- No co-mingling between classes; students can only stay with their class and designated teachers.
- Children over the age of 2 are highly encouraged to wear face masks indoors except during meal and nap times (every child 2 years old or older must wear/bring a face mask to school daily).
- Teachers and Y staff are mandated to wear masks (unless there is a medical reason that bars them from doing so).
- Parents and visitors are not permitted in the building. Drop-off and Pick-up will occur at the Child Care wing emergency doors for Child Care and by the breezeway doors for Kindergarten.
- Each child and Y staff member will undergo a daily health screening upon entry, which would include a temperature check. Those experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 – such as fever of 100.4 or higher, cough, shortness of breath, headache, muscle pain, chills and any new loss of taste or smell AND/OR any household members experiencing those symptoms – will be excluded from the center. Administering fever reducing medicine prior to school arrival is strictly forbidden, and children will be excluded to enter school if medicine was given.
- Anyone in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 is excluded from the center and Y. The Y will follow the local Health Department instructions for length of exclusion.
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at our school, we will contact the state Health Department regarding next steps and may be required to close temporarily.
- There are enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures and we have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day.
- All children and staff will be asked to utilize hygiene practices, such as frequent hand washing throughout the day.
To enroll or set up an appointment for a tour, please contact Kathy Barros, Senior Director of Child Care Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child Care Change Form (Online form)