FSPY Volunteer Opportunities
At the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA, we have over 500 volunteers who go above and beyond to help us best serve our community. Volunteers, starting at age 15, assist us in a variety of different ways, from volunteering at special events to maintaining our Square Foot Garden to serving on our Board of Directors.
Here’s a brief look at just some of the areas in which volunteers are needed:
- Swim Team
- Gymnastics Team
- Board Member/Policy Volunteer
- Be Social for young adults with special needs
- Special Events (Fall Harvest, Healthy Kids Day, United For A Cause 5K)
- LIVESTRONG® at School (for high school students)
- Square Foot Garden
- Youth Sports Coaches
- Adult Sports
- School Age Child Care Tutors
- Chronic Disease Prevention Champions
- Annual Campaign
- Jeremy’s Giving Tree
- Maintenance Helper
- Mental Health Advocate
- Youth Works- an initiative for middle school children and their families
If you are interested in volunteering at the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA, please fill out our volunteer interest form.
For more information on volunteering at our Y, please contact Sheri Cognetti at 908-889-8880 or email@example.com.