Forever a Place to Learn
Our program follows the YMCA of the USA School Age Child Care Curriculum Framework, which includes nine core content areas: Arts & Humanities, Service Learning, Character Development, Health, Wellness & Fitness, Homework Support, Literacy, Science & Technology, Service Learning, Social Competence and Conflict Resolution.
Information for the 2022-2023 School Year
We are gearing up for another year of fun and learning in our Before and After Care programs!
Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is currently open to the community. Please visit the Welcome Center at the Fanwood-Scotch Plains Y to register. Please note: spots for Before and After Care are limited at each school and will be on first come, first served basis. Wait lists will be available.
Please note: once participation in the program ends, it is the member’s responsibility to cancel or change their membership if needed. Changes can be made here.
For the 2022-2023 school year, we are offering:
- Before and after care programs in each public elementary school in the Scotch Plains Fanwood School District.
- After care also will be held in the two public middle schools (there is no before care option at this time for middle school).
- Both before care and after care will be 5 days/full-time only with before care running from 7:00am until school start and after care running from the end of the school day until 6:30pm.
Cost per month for each program is as follows:
Before Care – $275 per child per month
After Care – $450 per child per month
Please note: a non-refundable and non-transferable $100 deposit per child per program is due at the time of registration (before care and after care are two separate programs). After registering online, your registration is not yet complete. Please also fill out our School Age Child Care Application and email it to email@example.com within one week of registering. If you do not send in this form, we will consider your registration void.
Students must be active members of the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA while enrolled in our before or after care programs.
If you have any questions about our Before and After Care programs for the 2022-2023 School Year, please contact Katie Lizer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for the 2021-2022 School Year
There are still select spots available in our Before and After Care programs for the 2021-2022 School Year.
Here are a few details regarding this year’s programs:
- Programs have a 5 day option only
- Before care is held at the Y from 7:00am until start of school and includes bussing to the school. Cost is $411 per month per child.
- After care runs from end of school day until 6:30pm. Cost is $430 per month per child.
- If you are in need of a spot for this school year, please email Katie Lizer at email@example.com.
We look forward to helping your children thrive!
FORMS FOR SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE
School Age Child Care 2021-2022 Family Handbook (PDF – must sign and submit back page)
Inclement Weather Policy (PDF)
Asthma Treatment Plan (PDF)