Forever a Place to Learn
Our program follows the YMCA of the USA School Age Child Care Curriculum Framework, which includes nine core content areas: Arts & Humanities, Service Learning, Character Development, Health, Wellness & Fitness, Homework Support, Literacy, Science & Technology, Service Learning, Social Competence and Conflict Resolution.
We are excited to continue to offer our School Age Child Care (SACC) program for the 2021-2022 school year for the Scotch Plains-Fanwood public schools.
We are planning for school to be 5 full days and that our School Age Child Care program will be based once again in the Scotch Plains-Fanwood School District’s elementary and middle schools. Our goal is to create a fun, engaging and safe environment for all our participants, families and staff.
Here are a few details regarding next year’s programs:
- Programs will have a 5 day option only
- Before care will be held at the Y from 7:00am until start of school and includes bussing to the school. Cost is $411 per month per child.
- After care will run from end of school day until 6:30pm. Cost is $430 per month per child.
Students must be active members of the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA from time of registration until program end to participate in our before or after care programs. You can join as a new member here.
Please note: once participation in the program ends, it is the member’s responsibility to cancel or change their membership if needed. Changes can be made here.
Online registration for the 2021-2022 School Age Child Care program is now open to the community:
- Register Online here under “Daxko Program Registration“.
- Register in-person during business hours.
- Wait lists will be available. We are working to accommodate as many families as possible while following capacity limits at each school.
Please note: After registering online, your registration is not yet complete. In addition, you must complete the SACC Application and Health History Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the signed back page of our Family Handbook, found here. If you do not send in these forms in, we will consider your registration void.
If you have further questions about School Age Child Care at the Y, please contact Katie Lizer at email@example.com.
We look forward to helping your children thrive!
FORMS FOR SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE
School Age Child Care 2021-2022 Family Handbook (PDF – must sign and submit back page)
Immunization Card (PDF)
Asthma Treatment Plan (PDF)