Be a Part of Something Bigger
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community.
Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. Learn more about our Y and how we’re helping our community on our Fact Sheet.
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Y is guided by four core values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Employees at the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA enjoy:
- Competitive salaries starting at $15 per hour or higher
- Free YMCA membership
- Flexible schedules
- Job training and career development opportunities
- Employee appreciation and recognition programs
- Free CPR and first aid certification for all staff and free
re-certification for Lifeguards
- 12% retirement contribution to YMCA Retirement Fund after eligibility period
- Employee retirement savings through the YMCA 403(B) Smart Account upon date of employment
- Affiliate discounts with select retailers and service providers
- 30% college tuition discount to employees AND their family members through our partnership with Berkeley College
- Community volunteering opportunities
- A fun, friendly, inclusive environment
- And more!
Full-time, part-time and seasonal employment opportunities are available for ages 16 and older in areas such as aquatics, before and after care, preschool and child care, healthy living, wellness & fitness, membership, sports and fine arts.