Be a Part of Something Bigger
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community.
Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. Learn more about our Y and how we’re helping our community on our Fact Sheet.
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Y is guided by four core values: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Employees at the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA enjoy:
- Free YMCA membership
- Flexible schedules
- Job training and career development opportunities
- Employee appreciation days
- 12% retirement contribution to YMCA Retirement Fund after eligibility period
- Employee retirement savings through the YMCA 403(B) Smart Account upon date of employment
- Access to Plum Benefits discounts
- College tuition savings through our partnership with Berkeley College
- Community volunteering opportunities
- A fun, friendly, inclusive environment
Full-time, part-time and seasonal employment opportunities are available for ages 16 and older in areas such as aquatics, camp, preschool and child care, healthy living, wellness & fitness, membership, sports and fine arts.