Membership for All
The Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA is a nonprofit organization committed to providing programs and services that enhance the lives of people in our community. Our Financial Assistance Program helps us reach those in need of financial support so that they can benefit from Y membership and programs, regardless of their ability to pay.
Funds are made possible through the donations made to the YMCA Annual Support Campaign and proceeds from our YMCA Endowment Fund.
How to Apply for Financial Assistance
- Complete the application, available online or at the Welcome Center.
- Provide the following documents:
- Most recent Federal Form 1040 Income Tax Return
- Copies of three (3) recent pay stubs for ALL household earners.
- Copy of any custody agreement or financial arrangement (if applicable), or any
- Applicable Disability/Social Security or Unemployment documents.
- Written statement expressing specific needs and circumstances.
- Email the completed application and required documents to Anne Vardy at email@example.com. You can also drop them off at the FSPY Welcome Center. Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Welcome Center staff are currently available from 8:30am-4pm, Monday through Friday.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible?
Individuals and families who demonstrate need of financial assistance to help pay for programs and membership. The applicant must reside or work in our service area of Scotch Plains, Fanwood and Clark. Applicant(s) must work 30 hours per week to qualify for full-time childcare programs.
How is a financial assistance award determined?
The Y has a sliding fee scale based on total household gross income and the number of dependents, which is factored into determining the support amount.
How quickly can I expect to receive financial assistance?
Once you have submitted the financial assistance application and all required documentation, the process may take between 2-4 weeks. A scholarship is official only once you have received written notification from the Y.
How long will the financial assistance continue?
The need for financial assistance is reassessed annually for memberships and programs. The award year runs from Sept. 1st to Aug. 31st. You need to reapply for the next year in July. Please note: for summer camp, you need to reapply with current year financials by April 1st.
What is the responsibility of the scholarship recipient?
The YMCA expects the award recipient will make timely scheduled payments. Since there is a greater need for financial assistance in our community than we are able to fund, we ask to be notified if the recipient no longer needs our support or if the recipient is no longer able to use the services we provide.
How are financial assistance scholarships funded?
Each year, the YMCA raises funds through ongoing work of volunteers and staff. Funds are gifts received through the generosity of individuals, corporations, grants, the Y’s Endowment Fund and the Annual Campaign. We require that all participants report any change in circumstances, such as change in employment, wages, public assistance, etc. within 2 weeks of the change.