At the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA, the health and safety of our members and staff has always been our top priority. As we begin to reopen our programs and services following our closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have updated our guidelines for members and staff, and have increased our cleaning and disinfecting routines.
When we work together, we can help make our YMCA community a safe place for all who enter our doors or take part in our outdoor programming. We need your help to protect our members and staff and prioritize their health and well-being.
Please click each program area below for their specific guidelines.
Our new guidelines for overall YMCA usage include:
- All members and staff are asked to self-check their symptoms prior to coming to the YMCA and stay home if they have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- All members and staff will undergo a brief health screening before entering the building or taking part in any of our activities. This includes a temperature check and a few quick questions. If you have a temperature of 100.4 or higher, answer yes to any of the questions, or you are required to quarantine based on current travel restrictions, you will be denied access to the YMCA or outdoor activity.
- Members and staff are required to wear masks at all times when in the YMCA building, unless there is a medical reason prohibiting them from wearing one. Masks are also required outside the building when a distance of 6 feet can not be maintained.
- Before returning to our YMCA, all active members must sign an updated Membership Waiver and Code of Conduct. This can be done here.
- Members and staff must check in and check out of the YMCA building. There are two separate stations for check in and check out located at the Welcome Center.
- After you check in, you will be asked to wash your hands at our designated hand washing station.
- Members and staff are encouraged to practice the following: wash hands frequently with soap and water; avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth; cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze; avoid close contact with sick people, and stay home when you are sick.
- When inside the YMCA building, please adhere to social distancing (staying 6 feet away from others) whenever possible.
- Please follow all directional signage in the YMCA building to help promote social distancing. Many of our hallways are now one-way traffic only.
- While staff will be wiping down and cleaning fitness equipment, we ask our members to do the same. If you are using the Wellness Center or participating in a 1:1 Personal Training Session, all members will be asked to wipe down each machine they use before and after use.
- Our facility is lowering its occupancy rate. At times of full capacity, you will be asked to wait in a designated area.
Violators of our new policies may be asked to the leave the Y. Please help us keep our community safe!