View our updated program and facility guidelines below.
FACILITY UPDATE: Currently, FSPY members who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear masks within our YMCA building, although with the recent increase in COVID-19 cases in New Jersey, masks are encouraged for all members and guests.
Fully vaccinated is defined as:
- 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
If you do not meet the above requirements, you are required to continue to wear a mask while inside the Y building. We are counting on the integrity and responsibility of our Y community to follow the guidelines to help keep our community safe.
We also ask that you please continue to follow our four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility during this transition. Please respect others’ choice to continue wearing a mask knowing that they may be mid vaccine, be taking extra precautions or have personal reasons for doing so.
Please note: All of our staff members are required to wear masks and members are required to wear masks in the child care areas regardless of vaccination.
At the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA, the health and safety of our members and staff has always been our top priority. As we begin to reopen our programs and services following our closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have updated our guidelines for members and staff, and have increased our cleaning and disinfecting routines.
When we work together, we can help make our YMCA community a safe place for all who enter our doors or take part in our outdoor programming. We need your help to protect our members and staff and prioritize their health and well-being.
Please click each program area below for their specific guidelines.
Our guidelines for overall YMCA usage include:
- All members and staff are asked to self-check their symptoms prior to coming to the YMCA and stay home if they have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Before returning to our YMCA, all active members must sign an updated Membership Waiver and Code of Conduct. This can be done here.
- Members and staff must check in and check out of the YMCA building. There are two separate stations for check in and check out located at the Welcome Center.
- Members and staff are encouraged to practice the following: wash hands frequently with soap and water; avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth; cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze; avoid close contact with sick people, and stay home when you are sick.
- When inside the YMCA building, please adhere to social distancing (staying 6 feet away from others) whenever possible.
- While staff will be wiping down and cleaning fitness equipment, we ask our members to do the same. If you are using the Wellness Center or participating in a 1:1 Personal Training Session, all members will be asked to wipe down each machine they use before and after use.
Violators of our new policies may be asked to the leave the Y. Please help us keep our community safe!