Free Fitness & Fun
- Promote YMCA Character Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Increase physical and mental wellness, while having fun
- Develop and support healthy exercise and eating habits
- Establish a sense of belonging in each teen
- Provide a safe and secure atmosphere
Form Healthy Habits Early On
Seventh grade is a pivotal and transitional time for many teens, a point when they are given freedom to choose how they spend their out-of-school hours. The Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA wants to support and encourage kids to make good decisions and form habits that lead to an overall healthy lifestyle. The 7th Grade Initiative program provides opportunities for fitness and life skills training, as well as an opportunity to socialize with peers in a safe, supervised and conveniently located environment.
- Open Gym
- Open Swim
- Teen Cycle
- Teen Zumba
- Teen Yoga
- Pop Up Fitness and Life Skills Classes
- Teen Wellness Program
- Wellness Center Usage (select hours apply)
- Access to our FIT Room featuring Exergame Fitness Equipment
This free membership demonstrates our commitment to the healthy development of the whole person. Free 7th Grade membership is largely supported through donations to our Annual Support Campaign.
It’s easy to get started.
Bring the following to the YMCA Welcome Center to activate your membership:
1. Your school ID, roster or report card
2. A parent/guardian*
3. Sign a code of conduct
4. Complete a few quick forms and begin your membership!
Questions? Please call us at 908-889-8880.
*Both parent/guardian and 7th grader must be present to activate membership