Beginning Tuesday, June 1, we have some exciting new updates to our pool usage procedures. These changes are based on trends we’ve been seeing for pool usage as well as updated guidelines coming from the CDC and Health Department.
- Reservations will no longer be needed Monday through Friday from 11am-3pm for lap swim and water walking and drop-ins will be welcome. We will continue to have reservations only for early morning and late afternoon/evening time slots.
- Lane assignments will no longer be given out at any time during the day, and members will be able to select the lane they want to use from those that are open. If all lanes are taken, you may be asked to wait in a designated area or share a lane. If lane sharing, members will be asked to start on opposite ends of the pool.
- You may also be asked to wait a few minutes as we clean and disinfect the pool deck and high touch areas throughout the day.
- The red bins we’ve been using for belongings are no longer needed. We encourage our lap swimmers and water walkers ages 18 and over to use the Adult Locker Rooms to store their belongings. Swimmers ages 14-17 can use the Youth Locker Rooms. The locker rooms are also available for changing and showering.
View our updated Lap Swimming Guidelines here.
Registration for early morning and late afternoon/evening time slots is still available through our main registration page at fspymca.org/register by clicking the “Acuity Scheduling” button or register directly at fspymca.as.me.
Sessions are 60-minutes long. With our new system, you can view time slots for up to thirteen (13) days out and it’s suggested that members continue to check back for openings.
In order to give all members a chance to enjoy the pool, please follow these guidelines for early morning and late afternoon/evening pool reservations:
- Please only schedule 3 lap swim/water walking sessions per week. This will give others who would like to swim the opportunity to find available times.
- If you cannot come to a scheduled appointment, please cancel the reservation as soon as possible. This will open up a spot for others who would like to swim. We prefer not to have empty lanes when other members could be swimming. You can cancel your reservation online through Acuity up to 1 hour before your scheduled time.
- If your plans change within 1 hour of your scheduled appointment, please call or email to let us know. We understand things change unexpectedly and that is okay. We just need to know if you are not coming at least 1 hour prior to your schedule appointment so we can give your spot to someone else. You can call the Welcome Center at 908-889-8880 during business hours (Monday–Friday 6:00am to 9:00pm and Saturday 7:00am-2:00pm) or email Aquatics@fspymca.org to let us know you are not able to make the reservation.
- Spots do open up throughout the week so remember to check back frequently if you haven’t been able to reserve a spot.
Thank you for following our updated guidelines. For questions regarding pool usage, please contact Ellen Daudelin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lap Swim/Water Walking Schedule as of June 1, 2021 (swim times subject to change)