We heard you! This summer, we’re increasing our pool offerings and making some changes to our procedures.
LAP SWIM UPDATE
Beginning Monday, June 28, we will no longer have reservations for any lap swim/water walking time slots. We are excited about this change and appreciate the support and cooperation of our Y community moving forward.
View our Pool 1 lap swim/water walking schedule as of June 28 here.
View our Pool 2 lap swim/water walking schedule as of June 28 here.
Here are a few lap swim/water walking reminders:
- Lane assignments are no longer being given out and members are able to select the lane they want to use from those that are open.
- If all lanes are taken, you may be asked to wait in a designated area or share a lane. If lane sharing, members will be asked to start on opposite ends of the pool.
- Locker Rooms are available for changing, showering and storing belongings. We encourage our lap swimmers and water walkers ages 18 and over to use the Adult Locker Rooms; swimmers ages 14-17 can use the Youth Locker Rooms.
ADDITIONAL WATER EXERCISE CLASSES
We are happy to be bring back more water exercise classes this summer. We will be offering Gentle Shallow and Shallow Water Workout classes, in addition to the All Around Aqua and Deep Water Cardio classes we are currently offering.
Please note: Water exercise classes will not be held the week of June 28 and will resume on July 5 (with the exception of our MS water exercise program, which will have classes the week of June 28). Click here to view our Summer Water Exercise Schedule.
In addition, we are increasing class capacity in our water exercise classes to 12 participants, making it even easier to sign up for your favorite classes. For now, we are continuing to use Acuity Scheduling for our water exercise classes.
EXPANDED FAMILY SWIM TIMES
UPDATE: We heard your feedback regarding Family Swim reservations and are happy to announce that beginning Monday, August 2, active FSPY members will no longer need to make a reservation for Family Swim.
In addition, throughout the month of August, there will be two family swim sessions Monday and Wednesday afternoons. We are excited about these changes and appreciate your support and cooperation moving forward.
Please review the following changes that will begin on Monday, August 2 for all Family Swim sessions:
- No more than 25 people will be allowed in the pool at one time.
- Check in at the Welcome Center will begin 15 minutes before the session starts.
- If the pool is at capacity (25 people) when you arrive, you will be asked to wait on the pool deck bleachers until spots become available.
- Families will have the option to swim during one of two time slots on Mondays and Wednesdays: 3:00pm-4:00pm OR 4:15pm-5:15pm. There will be a 15 minute break between sessions.
- The Saturday family swim time will be from 12:45pm-1:45pm.
We are still requiring reservations for Family Swim through July 31, 2021. If you have a reservation during this time and cannot make the session, please remember to cancel your reservation through Acuity so another family can swim during that time.
The August 2 changes will be reflected in Acuity Scheduling on July 20th. We are continuing to use Acuity to register for other programs included with membership such as water exercise classes and group exercise classes.
View our Family Swim guidelines here.