At the Y, Your Membership Means so Much More
The Y is so much more than a gym. It’s a nonprofit organization committed to helping you reach your goals and nurture your well-being. When you join the Y, you’ll become part of a movement dedicated to strengthening the whole community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Membership for All
The Y welcomes people of all abilities, ages, races, religions, cultures, gender, sexual orientation and financial circumstances. Every day, we strive to make everyone feel welcome, connected and supported. Our donor-supported financial assistance program ensures that no one is ever turned away from a Y membership or program due to financial hardship.
Schedule a Tour
The best way to experience the Y and all we have to offer is to schedule a tour. You’ll get to see our programs in action and meet the staff who will help you meet your goals. If you’ve never been a member of our Y before, you’ll get a free guest pass to try the Y.
- Activities for the entire family
- Over 150 free group exercise classes (land & water), including mind-body, cardio and strength classes
- Priority registration for programs and classes
- Member pricing for specialized programs, classes, preschool, childcare and camps
- 3 complimentary guest passes per year
- Free wellness seminars and events
- Nationwide Y membership
- Personalized orientation session in our Wellness Center
- Child Watch for family memberships
- Recreational adult basketball, volleyball, pickle ball and ping pong
- Lap swimming and open swim (select hours apply)
- Two-story Wellness Center including cardio equipment, strength machines and free weights
- Two heated 25-yard indoor pools
- Air-conditioned gymnasium
- Whirlpool and sauna
- Adult-only locker rooms
- Family and youth changing areas
- Accredited Preschool and Summer Camp programs
Child Watch is available to parents with a family membership. While you work out, swim or participate in one of our fitness classes, you can drop off your child, 4 months or older, at our Child Watch room located off the main lobby. Attendance is on a first-come, first-serve basis, with a 1 ½ hour time limit. We will allow 6 children per Child Watch staff member and a maximum of 20 children at a time.
Monday – Friday: 8:30AM to 1:30PM
Saturday: 8:00AM to 1:00PM
Sunday: 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Monday – Thursday: 5:00PM to 8:00PM
Note: If there are no children in need of babysitting during the last half hour, the Child Watch will close early.
Access to over 700 Y’s across the country
Your Y membership now allows you to visit any participating YMCA in the United States and Puerto Rico, at no additional cost.
So, whether you are traveling on the west coast for business or visiting relatives down south, you can get your workout in and connect with the larger Y community.
Sign the waiver to get started
Just remember that the first time you visit a Y outside of the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA, you will need to sign a waiver. It takes just a few minutes, with a photo ID, and once it’s done, you won’t have to do it again! If you know you are heading out of town, feel free to stop by our Welcome Center and sign the waiver in person.
Some restrictions may apply or vary among the participating Ys, so we recommend you call ahead prior to your visit. Visit http://www.ymca.net/nationwide-membership to find a participating Y location in the area you are visiting.
If you have any questions, please contact Kristine Keating, Membership Engagement Director, at 908-889-8880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.