Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA Member Code of Conduct
The Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members, staff, volunteers and guests. We are a not-for-profit organization that embraces the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. By joining the YMCA, you as a member are agreeing to these values. To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask all individuals to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with these values. If at any time your behavior does not support these values, the YMCA has the right to revoke your membership.
1. Members are expected to comply with all YMCA guidelines as stated on our website fspymca.org and follow facility usage rules posted throughout the building (wellness center, pool, gym, locker rooms, etc.)
2. Respect the rights and dignity of others.
3. Speak in respectful tones. Exclude foul, profane or derogatory language.
4. Appropriate attire is required at all times.
5. Create a safe, caring environment for all.
6. The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings of all members and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
1. Loaning of your membership card.
2. Engaging in theft or destruction of property.
3. Smoking, possessing alcoholic beverages, firearms or other weapons and any illegal substances in the Y or on any YMCA property.
4. Physical contact with another person in an angry or threatening manner.
5. Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person.
6. Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any menacing behavior.
7. Using of video/photography devices throughout the facility except unless authorized by a YMCA staff member.
8. Any other conduct of inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
Please honor our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
You can download a copy of this Code of Conduct here.